CleverStep LLC(“CleverStep”) recognizes that its customers, visitors, users, and others (collectively or individually “Users”) who use www.FieldATeam.com(the “Website”) and the Field-A-Team mobile applications (the “App” or “Apps” as the case may be, collectively with the Website, the “CleverStep Services”) value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of User information collected with the CleverStep Services. CleverStep provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to utilize or continue utilizing the CleverStep Services.
This Privacy Notice, your use of CleverStep Services, and any personal information you provide is incorporated into and is subject to the Website Terms of Service as well as the applicable App’s End User License Agreement.
1. User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to CleverStep when choosing to participate in various activities in connection withCleverStep Services.
2. Cookies Information: When you utilize CleverStep Services, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Cookies may include third party cookies, such as Google Analytics cookies (used to gather statistics about the use of the Website and applications) and advertiser cookies (used to improve the relevance of advertisements displayed on the web site and in the applications), as well as CleverStep cookies. CleverStep uses both session cookies and persistent cookies (persistent cookie remains after you close your browser). Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Website. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent; however, some features of the CleverStepServices may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
3. Log File Information: When you use the CleverStep Services, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
4. Clear GIFs Information: When you use the CleverStep Services, we may employ “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our Users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
1. If you submit personally identifiable information to us through CleverStep Services, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the CleverStep Services.
2. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online via the App becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload comments or send messages through the App and other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
3. If you connect the App to your social networks (or other third party services or applications), and give CleverStep permission to access your profile information, CleverStep may store and use that information to communicate with you, to update your status on your networks, to send messages on your behalf to your networks, and to provide other features and services to you.
4. We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes to the CleverStep Services or for customer service purposes).
4. We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the CleverStep Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
2. We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
3. We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality ofthe CleverStep Services.
4. We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
5. CleverStep also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that CleverStep believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service or End User License Agreement, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the CleverStep Services, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CleverStep, our Users or others.
When you use the App, your mobile device supplies a unique identifier, which CleverStep uses to associate search results, your bookmarks, and other information with your device. We improve the relevance of information provided in the App using location information provided by your device, which you can choose to turn off. If your browser supplies location information (determined by your browser settings), we may use that information to improve the relevance of information provided by the Website. Content provided by advertisers and other third parties may be personalized in a similar manner.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the CleverStep Services, in which case CleverStep may not be able to provide any services to you. You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page. Please note that media files uploaded by Users to CleverStep Services cannot be removed and remain subject to our Terms of Service or End User License Agreement.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Please contact CleverStep with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your personal information, your consent, or your opt-in or opt-out choices by emailing us at marketing@CleverStep.com.
CleverStep uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to CleverStep and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, CleverStep makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If CleverStep learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. CleverStep may post a notice on CleverStep Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us by emailing marketing@CleverStep.com.
CleverStep Services are hosted in the United States and are intended for and directed to Users in the United States. If you are a User accessing CleverStep Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the CleverStep Services, which are governed by U.S. law, this Privacy Notice, our Terms of Service and End User License Agreement, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.
In the event that CleverStep is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
This Privacy Notice may be revised periodically and this will be reflected by the “effective date” below. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. In general, we only use your personal information in the manner described in the Privacy Notice in effect when we received the personal information you provided. Your continued use of the CleverStep Services constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Notice and any future revisions.
For revisions to this Privacy Notice that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of the personal information you have already provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before implementing such revisions with respect to such information.
Date Last Modified:
This Privacy Notice was last modified May 30, 2012.
Please contact CleverStep with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice by emailing us at marketing@CleverStep.com.